Worldwide operational support, live positions, camera crews, editors
Back to Events
7 - 12 June 17
UK General Election Result
British Prime Minister Theresa May's gamble in calling an early election backfired spectacularly, as her Conservative Party lost its majority in Parliament and pressure mounted on her Friday to resign.
The shock result throws British politics into chaos and could send Britain's negotiations to leave the European Union - due to start June 19 - into disarray. The pound lost more than 2 cents against the dollar.
May called the snap election in the hope of increasing her majority and strengthening Britain's hand in exit talks with the European Union with a "strong and stable government." Instead, the result means the Conservatives will need to rely on support from smaller parties to govern, with more instability and the chance of yet another early election.
Facilities - Operational from 7 June:
To aid your coverage, Global Media Services can offer a range of broadcast facilities, including:
* Live stand-up positions at London's Lambeth Bridge, overlooking the Houses of Parliament.
* Live stand-up positions at Number 10, Downing Street - accreditation closed, contact AP GMS for more details.
* Live stand-up positions at Old Palace Yard, overlooking the Houses of Parliament.
* Live stand-up positions at a central London polling station.
* Multi-format playout facilities.
* International delivery via AP's satellite and fibre networks.