Worldwide operational support, live positions, camera crews, editors
Back to Events
24 - 25 September 17
German Federal Election
Federal Elections will be held in Germany on the 24 September 2017 to elect the members of the 19th Bundestag. The new Bundestag will have to elect a Chancellor with an absolute majority of its members, who will form a new government.
The Christian Democratic Union (CDU) led by Angela Merkel has maintained the lead over the Social Democratic Party (SPD) in opinion polling since the 2013 election, aside from a period in early 2017 following the selection of Martin Schulz as SPD leader.
Since then, Merkel's government has tightened asylum procedures and implemented other measures, and the influx has receded.
To aid your coverage, Global Media Services can offer a range of broadcast facilities, including:
* Live stand-up positions at the CDU Headquarters.
* Live stand-up positions at the SPD Headquarters.
* Live stand-up positions at Polling Stations.
* Live stand-up positions Reichstag.
* Multi-format playout facilities.
* International delivery via AP's satellite and fibre networks.