Worldwide operational support, live positions, camera crews, editors
Back to Events
18 to 21 May 2017
Iran Presidential Elections
Hard-line cleric Ebrahim Raisi, a close ally of the country's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has announced he will run in next month’s presidential election. Iranian conservatives had hopes that Raisi would challenge incumbent President Hassan Rouhani, who is eligible for a second term and secured the landmark nuclear deal that the country reached with world powers in 2015.
Among other front runners for the presidency are former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his close ally Hamid Baghaei. While former Ahmadinejad has previously served two four-year terms from 2005 to 2013 and is eligible for a third term after four years out of office, he remains a polarizing figure after his contested 2009 re-election which brought massive unrest.
To aid your coverage, Global Media Services can offer a range of broadcast facilities, including:
* Live stand-up positions at a Tehran polling station.
* Live stand-up positions the Iranian Interior Ministry in Tehran.
* Live studio positions in Tehran, with a city backdrop.
* Political analysts available for interview.
* Multi-format playout facilities.
* International delivery via AP's satellite and fibre networks.
To book or request a ratecard, please use the buttons below.