AP Archive is our film and video archive, containing more than 1.4 million global news and entertainment stories dating back to 1895. Hours of new footage are added daily, including coverage from AP's newsgathering and global network of partners.
Our newly developed platform, aparchive.com has a host of new features to make it easier than ever to find the right footage.
- Organise footage in clip bins and access ready-made compilations on over 400 subjects, making research easier and faster.
- Use our new process for online license creation which makes it simpler to submit declarations through the site.
- Store, manage and share work with colleagues through a personal workspace area.
- Download broadcast-quality video.
- Faster research using Quickscan video player or our research assistance service.
As we rapidly digitise our back catalogue, more stories are added to the site every day. By mid-2013, over 32,000 hours of extra footage will be available on AP Archive, including all our 16mm films. Our unmatched collection includes 3,000 hours of previously unseen archive news footage in HD from the newly restored UPITN 'Lost Archive' collection and 2,000 hours of fully digitised British Movietone collection.
We represent more than 15 leading global news providers, including ABC News, CCTV China, Press Association, RTL Germany, RTR Russia, TPBS Thailand and TV Tokyo.